We highly discourage to apply this without being advised by one of our technical support members.
You will NOT lose any of the settings, contacts, geofences, or restrictions that are already set on your kid device. App history will also remain saved. The last 30 days of chat messages will be also visible.
Photos and files on the device will be lost. Applications that are not pre-installed on the device must be installed again. We recommend you transfer any files you wish to save before proceeding.
How to do a factory reset on the Monqi - STK Sync 5e
- Make sure the device has at least 50% of battery.
- Hold the Power button until the power menu appears.
- Tap the "POWER OFF" option. Wait for the phone to completely power off.
- Hold the Volume Up and Power buttons and do NOT release until a text screen appears.
- Three options are shown. If you have not already, release both buttons.
- Using the Volume Up button, select the "RECOVERY" option (first one).
- Press Volume Down to confirm the selection.
The recovery procedure will display a new menu.
- Scroll down with the Volume Down button and highlight "Wipe data/factory reset".
- Press the Power button to select the option. You will see a final Confirmation screen with one YES and several NO options. Scroll down until you select YES and press the Power button again.
The phone will now be reset back to the factory settings.
You'll be redirected to a previous menu as in step 5.
- In this menu, highlight the first option "Reboot system now" and press the Power button.
Congratulations! You've successfully performed a factory reset!
Getting back to Monqi after a Factory Reset
After the device fully reboots, you'll be redirected to the initial Monqi setup. Enter your WiFi information to connect to your network. Then enter the child's name when prompted and let the system rediscover that you were previously bonded.
There will be a transition to the "Detecting bonded device" window, which will finally lead to the Kid's main screen. Accept the warning and wait until the profile picture is correctly displayed.
You will receive a notification on the parent app, saying "Your kid is trying to re-bond", this is a standard security check, don't worry.
You have completed the Monqi setup on your kid's device!
You now have to install your child's applications again. You can see the complete list of applications in the parent app. Go to the kid section and scroll down to the "App Management" section.